Join us on Sundays at our Hilton Head
or Bluffton Campus
Hilton Head at 9:00 or 11:15a.m.
(*see exceptions below)
Our goal is to worship God as a family. The services are very similar and the Chancel Choir, handbell choir or one of our ensembles rotate their schedules to provide a variety of wonderful music.
Nursery & Children: A loving nursery is available for children from infant through PreK 4. Children's Church is offered during the 11:15 service for K through 3rd grade. Children come forward for a "Children's Time" message and then are dismissed to Kids' Kingdom.
Coffee Hour: Come to the Celebration Center between services at 10am for coffee & conversation! Sunday School Studies also between services at 10:15am. See our classes information.
- Healing & Wholeness Service- Wednesdays at 12:15 in the Chapel
Bluffton Worship Services at 10:30am
St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church has expanded into Bluffton with a weekly worship service at USCB's Hilton Head Gateway Campus in the Hargray Building. The weekly worship service is at 10:30 a.m. Sundays at One University Boulevard, with easy access from Hwy. 278. The service is a little traditional and little contemporary - a real blend. Bluffton Campus Pastor is Rev. Daniel Burbage, but all St. Andrew pastors participate in leading the service. Come early for coffee, and come casual. Children welcome with nursery and Children's Church during the service.
2015 Special Services Hilton Head & Bluffton
Ash Wednesday Service -
Service at 12noon with the impostion of ashes
* March 29 – Palm Sunday Worship at 9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m., with the procession of the palms at 20 Pope Avenue, Hilton Head Island, and 10:30 a.m. in Bluffton at USCB’s Hilton Head Gateway Campus in the Hargray Building.
* April 2 – Maundy Thursday Journey to the Cross at 7 p.m. in Bluffton at the church’s Bluffton Ministry Center, 29 Plantation Park Drive, Suite 101. Journey to the Cross is an interactive experience in which participants of all ages follow in the footsteps of Jesus during the last moments of his life. The journey will include Communion.
* April 3 – Good Friday 7:00pm at 20 Pope Avenue. The combined adult choirs of St. Andrew and Bluffton UMC will perform the Requiem by British composer John Rutter. The 50-voice choir will be accompanied by orchestra and organ. The service is free and open to the public.
* April 5 – Easter Sunday services, including the Sunrise Service at 7 a.m. at Coligny Beach, near the Holiday Inn Oceanfront (or at the church in the event of rain or imminent threat of rain), followed by 9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. worship services in the Sanctuary on Pope Avenue, as well as 10:30 a.m. at the Bluffton campus at USCB.
"We were fortunate enough to be on Hilton Head on Easter Sunday and attend your sunrise service with my boys. It was one of the highlights of our vacation and something they will always remember. The service was very special and moving. Thank you." - Kent from Frankfort, Ky
*Consecration Sunday, Oct. 25, 2015
ONE Service at 10am. (Sunday School on vacation.)
Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, 2015
4:30p.m. - Family Candlelight Service with nursery provided. Music provided by the heavenly voices of the women's ensemble and harp in the sanctuary at 20 Pope Avenue, just off the Sea Pines Circle on Hilton Head.
6:30p.m. - Christmas Eve under the Stars. In the cool still night, light came into the world. Come worship under the stars outdoors at Buckwalter Place (look for the tent across from Station 300). We will recall the Christmas story, sing carols and light candles. It will be a night to remember for the whole family in this approximately 30-minute service. Free. All are welcome. Watch for the announcement of the new location.
Click here for a brief 3-minute YouTube video
produced by the SC Annual Conference about our first Christmas Eve under the Stars in 2012!
7:00p.m. Communion Service - a special time of communion
for you and your family at Pope Ave.
9:30p.m. - Traditional Candlelight Service with the Chancel Choir & strings
*Sunday, December 27, 2015 -ONE service at 10am
(Sunday School on vacation - nursery available for parent's use)